Santa Barbara County Local Agency Formation Commission Reimbursement Policy
To explain LAFCO policy on travel and reimbursement expenditures
This Policy applies to all personnel and any person being sponsored by the Commission.
Santa Barbara County Local Agency Formation Commission recognizes the necessity for its Commissioners and employees to travel to conduct business, training, or attend meetings. This document is intened to clarify what is LAFCO's responsibility and to provide guidelines to its employees and Commission members.
- The Executive Officer is responsible for reviewing and approving each request for Commission and Legal Counsel reimbursements. Disputed reimbursements may be appealed to the Commission.
- The Commission will not generally reimburse Commissioners for workshops or training that is directed or oriented primarily for LAFCO staff and only with prior approval.
- The Chair, Vice Chair, or other Commissioners authorized to sign claim forms with the County Auditor Controller are responsible for reviewing and approving requests for Executive Officer reimbursement.
- Under normal conditions those expenses should be budgeted in that program. .
- For non-budgeted expenses the Executive Officer shall have the authority to approve or deny any request made..
- If there are any questions about what is covered make sure to ask and get approval prior to incurring the expense.
- Reimbursement for traveling by personal vehicle will be at the standard IRS mileage rate.
- Per Diem - Standard Santa Barbara County per diem rates apply. This per diem shall not include the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- All travel and lodging arrangements should be cleared through the LAFCO office.
- A request for use of the LAFCO credit card should be made through LAFCO office and must follow adopted credit card policies.